Oct 31, 2009 I set out on my first paid photo shoot, the first photo shoot that got all of this started. I’m amazed and astounded to look back and see all that I have been able to accomplish, learn and grow from when I first started this journey. Never did I think that I would end up being a photographer and owning my own business.
I graduated college in 2006 from a small Christian school in Manhattan, KS. My degree was not in photography, design, or anything artistic. In fact, I thought that I would end up becoming a Counselor/Therapist. I went so far as to enter into Graduate school in hopes to fulfill my dream in becoming a Counselor. However, that dream changed one night in one of my graduate classes. I don’t even remember what my professor was talking about, but I remember looking up and thinking, “I don’t want to be a counselor.” Whoa, what?
With this dramatic, life-changing thought, I dropped out of graduate school and enrolled in a program to gain a certificate in Graphic Design. I love the arts, always have – just never thought I could have a career in it; boy was I wrong! After many years of finding out what I’m good at, finding an amazing and stable job where I could use my artistic ability, I also found myself picking up a simple point-and-shoot digital camera and start taking pictures using my artistic eye. Before I knew it, a friend asked me to take photos of their family and voila, the birth of Designed by Megan!
I love what I do, and I hope that it shows in the photos I take and how I conduct my photo sessions. My goal with every session is that both myself and my subjects (hopefully that’s you someday) come away from the shoot with so much energy, joy and happiness that it’s impossible not to talk about it. I want it to be fun for you and for me!
- I want a family photo session to be a fun family time – with an extra addition added to your family…me.
- I want a children’s photo session to be a fun play time with their new best friend…me.
- I want a high school senior photo session to be a time where they can truly shine and be someone that they have always wanted to be…and
that the photographer (me) is kind of a cool person.
- I want an engagement photo session to be a time of romance and sweet love…don’t mind me, I’m just some girl with a camera.
- And I want a Wedding to be a time of love, joy, laughter, commitments, tears, blessings, friendships, families, celebrations, memories, futures…and I’m so lucky to be a part of it!
Oh…did I mention that I’m a Fort Collins, CO native? Yep – pretty cool, huh? I love this place!
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox
Join other followers